Friday, May 20, 2022

7 Days of Ozzy - Day 6: Suicide Solution Live from the Randy Roads Tribute

 

Because I had to pull something off the Live Randy Roads Tribute Album. Classic.

I remember the first time I heard this - or one of the first times it made an impression beyond, "oh, Ozzy. Cool" - some friends and I were outside at my neighbor's house. This kid was two years younger, rich AF and a total latchkey whose parents' bought him all kinds of shit to make up for the fact that they were never home. They were the first people I knew who had an inground pool, and this thing was huge, with large gazebos on either side of it and a massive wooden deck that ran all the way around the pool and then snaked around the back of the house. This would have been circa Freshman or early Sophomore year. We were smoking cigarettes and drinking Keystone in those gross-ass tall cans it came in. I was buzzed and sitting in a gazebo, staring at the flames on the tiki torches that were staged around the pool at regular intervals. My Tribute dub was playing from a boom box further down the porch but we had it loud, and I remember thinking that I felt like I was there, at the show.

Good memory.




Watch:

This show is nuts, and I'm happy to see it coming back for a third season.
  
 

All things considered, I'd rather David Fincher return to Mindhunter, but we all know that might not happen. In the words of William DeVaughn, be thankful for what you got. 




Playlist:

The Mysterines - Reeling
La Hell Gang - Thru Me Again
Anthrax - Attach of the Killer B's
Anthrax - Spreading The Disease
The Jesus Lizard - Goat
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Ozzy Osbourne - Tribute (Live)
David Byrne and Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
Windhand - Eternal Return
Dean Hurley - Analog Resource Vol. 1
Joseph Bishara - Malignant OST




Card:


Lots of feminine energy, which is good. Ruthless determination can be a bad thing; sometimes passion needs to be tempered and Will focused. And sometimes you need to ask for help.

No comments: