Thursday, May 13, 2021

The Green Knight Full Trailer

More Type O from their final album, and if this isn't a case of the best goddamn final song for a band's career, I don't know what is. I still get chills every time I listen to it, and I've been listening to it a lot. 




Watch:


I feel like I may be the only person I know that didn't give very much of a toss about the teaser for David Lowery's The Green Knight that A24 released last year. Earlier this week the full trailer dropped and I have to say, I still don't know that the glimpses of the story that peek through are catching me, however, visually it looks as though we may finally have a companion to the ergot-infused witchery of Guillermo del Toro's Hellboy II: The Golden Army:

 

There's something so sublime about the imagery here and the narrative it suggests. I'm reminded of Ben Wheatley and John Boorman simultaneously. This may be a reason to head back into a theatre. Maybe.




Playlist:

Type O Negative - Dead Again
Sampa the Great - The Return
Viet Cong - Eponymous
The Police - Outlandos d'Amour
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
The Smiths - Meat is Murder
Revolting Cocks - Beers, Steers + Queers 




Card:

 

When you have all the bloody pieces but just can't get things to work out quite right, that is when Ruin threatens. Which feels more than a little accurate in terms of money and potential residences to be purchased. 

No comments: