Friday, July 19, 2013

Pearl Jam - Mind Your Manners and Pass Me the Motorhead Greatest Hits Eddie, Would'ja?



I swear, when I first heard this last week it came on the radio in the background and just based on the guitar and snare drum I thought it was Motorhead. Then the chorus has a little bit of a 'State of Love and Trust' thing going on. I respect the hell out of this band, but haven't cared about anything they've done in SOOOOO long. Ten's a classic, Vs. has a handful of great songs on it (Go, Animal, WMA) and Vitalogy has Satan's Bed. After that... well, Matt Cameron joining made me a little interested but not enough to actually get to know anything. This album will probably be the same thing - I'll ignore it. Maybe not, but probably. However, right now I think this song deserves chronicling. It's not great, but it's interesting just for the sake of the above-mentioned confusion.

No comments: