Friday, October 26, 2018

2018: October 26th



Taken from the album I'm mainlining this morning thanks to my good friend Sonny's edition of The Joup Friday Album. I found Julian Cope and the Teardrop Explodes late - like 8 or 9 years ago - and I was FLOORED I had never heard them before. This was the first song I heard, and it's probably still my favorite.

I've kind of fallen off the Protomartyr hysteria that 2014's Under Color of Official Right stirred in me. In fact, while I liked 2015's The Agent Intellect, 2017's Relatives in the Desert left zero impression on me. Granted, I only gave it one listen, so I'll go back to it eventually, but in the year or so since that album's release I've kind of ignored the band. Yesterday I received a message through Band in Town (best app) alerting me to the fact that Protomartyr and Preoccupations are releasing a split 7" in November, with Protomartyr covering Preoccupations' Forbidden, and Preoccupations covering Pontiac 87, one of my favorite tracks from The Agent Intellect. I'm pretty psyched.

You can pre-order the split HERE; below are the original tracks.





And the Protomartyr version they released on their youtube channel:



Last night K and I watched Ghost Stories. Pretty solid flick, and scary as hell at points. Like, legitimately scary. Not jump scares, but real, sustained fear-inducing tension. Loved that; didn't love the ending. But maybe you will. Worth a watch and it just popped up on HULU.



31 Days of Horror

10/01) Summer of 84
10/02) Rope
10/03) Dreams in the Witch House
10/04) Crash
10/05) The Fly
10/06) Re-animator
10/07) Night of the Demons
10/08) Species
10/09) The Roost
10/10) The Convent
10/11) Killer Klowns from Outer Space
10/12) George A. Romero's Day of the Dead
10/13) George A. Romero's Land of the Dead
10/14) The Apostle
10/15) Phantom of the Paradise
10/16) Candyman
10/17) Ghoulies
10/18) John Carpenter's Halloween
10/19) Halloween
10/20) Mandy
10/21) Satan's Playground
10/22) Flatliners
10/23) Jacob's Ladder
10/24) Halloween III: Season of the Witch
10/25) Ghost Stories

Playlist from 10/25:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Your Funeral... My Trial
Bauhaus - In the Flat Field
Miranda Sex Garden - Carnival of Souls
Grinderman - Grinderman 2
Windhand - Eternal Return
The Knife - Silent Shout

No card today. Happy Halloween weekend everybody!!!

No comments: