Thursday, August 9, 2018

2018: August 9th



New Author & Punisher up for Pre-order on Relapse Records HERE. This guy continues to baffle and amaze me with his post-apocalyptic insanity.

I have heard many good things about Channel Zero and it hits Shudder today, so I'm looking forward to that.



Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I recently started a re-watch of Deadwood, as K has never seen it and the news of the forthcoming movie caused quite a stir in me. I've begun re-watches before, but never made it very far. Thus, I've actually seen the first season enough to know a lot of it intimately. What's my favorite scene?



Al Swearengen may just be my favorite character ever. As dark as the show can be, it keeps a smile on my face almost the entire time.

New Sandman Universe #1 acquired and read, although it wasn't a very good read, rife with distractions as it was (my own fault). A good set-up for what is to come, which I must admit I'm still excited about. I've avoided this whole Doomsday Clock thing that has merged the Watchmen with the DCU proper - I'm not necessarily against the idea of the Watchmen being placed in the DCU, I just don't really care and have heard it's not very good. The Sandman Universe however, is apparently something I cannot ignore.



Playlist from 8/08/18:

Soundgarden - Superunknown
Emma Ruth Rundle - Marked for Death
Drab Majesty - The Demonstration
The Fixx - Reach the Beach

Card of the day:

So this is either me suffering from wishful thinking that Please Believe Me will be finished today - I just can't seem to nail the tone for the end of this but I am so close!!! - or it's a problem of over imagination, which could be gumming up the works on the ending. Either way, I have some work cut out for me today.

No comments: