Friday, April 20, 2018

2018: April 20th 1:23 PM - New Sleep Album!!!

Well, my intention was to wake up on my day off, go get my oil changed and then hit Fingerprints Record Store in Long Beach to procure a copy of Sleep's brand spanking new album - the first in how long? 20 YEARS? - The Sciences. But after my mechanic Mike diagnosed my ride was in need of new brakes all around, that didn't happen. One Uber ride later I'm still waiting to be called to come and pick her up, not that it's a problem; the down-time has given me an opportunity to dig back into the project with Keller, which he passed back to me on the 5th and which I am only just now starting to work on. Because of all this, and I guess maybe because in a teensy way I feel like observing the 'holiday' this year simply because if Sleep waited to 4/20 to release it I should probably observe to enjoy, I've not dug into either my one hitter or the album, which despite lack of vinyl is very much available on Apple Music. Not to fear; there's some good, quality lounge time coming up later today, and I'll be using it to check up on what All, Matt, and Jason have crafted for us this time. Here's a song whose title I absolutely love, even if I haven't heard it yet. The way these boys work pot references into Science Fiction environments is amazing, not cheesy at all, the way most popular music hands intoxication.



The new Drinking, Fighting, F*&king, and Crying went up HERE yesterday.

Playlist from 4/19:
Boy Harsher - Country Girl E.P.
Boy Harsher - Lesser Man E.P.
Deafheaven - Playlist
Drab Majesty - Careless
Metallica - Garage Days Re-revisited
Alice in Chains - Sap
Alice in Chains - Facelift


Card for the day:


Should I just assume this points to the futility to which I have attempted to save money recently? About to lay out about $600 for brakes and all I can think is I'm sure glad I bought those Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds tickets four days ago, because I wouldn't have bought them after this.


No comments: