Thursday, April 19, 2018

2018: April 19th 7:26 AM

That new Deafheaven yesterday made my week! Also, the fact that tix go on sale Friday to see them in August - and Drab Majesty is opening!!! Couldn't be more ecstatic. Now I need to look into the other opener, Uniform, who I am totally unfamiliar with.

With the release of Honeycomb, I've finally got a good number of one-off tracks by the band to make a nice playlist from their split 7" material and E.P.'s. Looks like this:

From the Kettle Onto the Coil
Honeycomb
Punk Rock/Cody

And come to think of it, I may add their Demo E.P. from 2010 to that as well.

Playlist from yesterday:

Aphex Twin - I Care Because You Do
Windhand - Soma
Boy Harsher - Country Girl
Deafheaven - HoneyComb
Blur - Eponymous
Deafheaven - Playlist (see above)

Card for the day:


Again with this guy! Interesting. I'm heading into Hollywood tonight for a business meeting, let's see what kind of journey that takes me on (I know there are other interpretations, the journey just seems to always fit where I'm at - always moving).

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I'm gonna try and catch that same show in Austin in July. Drab Majesty opening for Deafheaven seems crazy to me, but also amazing. Uniform are pretty good, kind of a more hardcore punk version of a late '80s/early '90s Wax Trax band, a little repetitive at times, but solid. Check out "Ghosthouse" and "The Killing of America" to get started.