Saturday, February 10, 2018

2018: February 10th 10:04 AM



This one's been on my mind a lot lately.

Friday's playlist:

God is LSD - Spirit of Suicide
The Foundations - Now That I've Found You*
Helmet - Size Matters
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Now I Got Worry
Le Butcherettes - A Raw Youth
Viet Cong - Eponymous
Dillinger Escape Plan - Disassociation
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance (two songs; other than the single, which I love, this record seems unlistenable today)

Card of the day:


Breakthrough. Let's hope it's not Uncle Sam's breaking through my bank account when I get my taxes done in an hour.

Should be noted that while I shuffled two cards jumped out of the deck and hit the floor: The Princes of Cups and XVI The Star.

* Should be noted this was not the album I wanted. I'm a huge fan of both singles Now that I've Found You and the aforementioned Build Me Up Buttercup, both of which I've known my entire life as "oldies" but which have always, to me, stood out as something more than just a dusty that fades into the Oldies playlists the old Magic 104 FM used to spin perpetually in Chicago. No, there's something more to these songs. This record however, which I located with a quick search on Apple Music, is a re-recording from what I can only guess was the 80s based on the way the music has been re-arranged with 80s-sounding keyboard patches. No terrible, but not the originals. Another quick search and I located those.

No comments: