Monday, March 17, 2014

Three Songs Why I LOVE The Misfits w/ Michael Graves Prt. 1



This usually surprises people, hell it surprised me back in the day, but as big a fan I am of Danzig and Danzig-era Misfits, it does not interfere with my absolute LOVE of Michael Graves-era Misfits. Oh, I know, I know. Calm down. I know it's sacrilege, but seriously? Aren't Danzig and the Misfits all about Sacrilege and obliterating all that you hold holy? Then why oh why elevate them to that same position? Reminds me of the Golden Dawn talking shite about Christianity when they themselves adhered to a suspiciously Christian-like hierarchy. Further proof that any good idea put into practice by this mostly dumb animal called humanity ultimately corrupts itself and becomes what it sets out to fight.

None of that baggage muddies up the Misfits though. Graves-era is obviously waaaay more polished and a bit of a caricature but it is awesome nonetheless and if you doubt me then the this post as well as the two to follow are my not-so-subtle attempts at convincing you.

No comments: