Thursday, November 7, 2013

Terry Gilliam's Zero Theorem



I completely let this one slip from my radar after the initial announcement and poster release back in the spring. Terry Gilliam has made several of my all time favorite films, including Brazil, 12 Monkeys, Time Bandits and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Oh yeah, and a little film called Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Some people say his adherence to the dystopian future theme is a one-note on the piano scenario but I don't see it that way. I see it as a prophet (because Brazil is VERY prophetic from when it was released to what our world is like now) refining his vision as more and more information becomes available over time.

Can't wait for this.


1 comment:

Chester Whelks said...

Hearing very good things about this from critics that have been privileged enough to have seen an advance stream - critics that felt 'Dr Parnassus' was a misfire and that this is a return to his best work. Gilliam hasn't been able to catch a break the last couple of years what with Don Quixote, studio interference on Brothers Grimm, and Heath Ledger checking-out in the middle of Dr Parnassus, so I'm glad to hear he's back to his best, and proud to say he's someone I didn't manage to say hello to, but did share the oxygen-with on a London soHo street in 2006.