Monday, October 21, 2013

Evolution of a post - Tower of Silence

This began with me hitting up my favorite music blog Heavenisanincubator - something I haven't had the time to do in what feels like forever. Anyway, posted up top on the site was a link to Jezzebeam - a gloomy, experimental group I totally loved. This got me thinking of something I'd heard about recently from someone - I opened another window while Jezzebeam played and went to my second favorite music site, Brooklyn Vegan. I'm sitting in Chicago, drinking cup after cup of a really great Earl Grey tea, getting overly caffeinated and dealing with some personal stuff.

Anyway...

BV has a link up to info about the new album coming from Kauan - who like Jezzebeam I know absolutely nothing about. The album artwork grabbed me right away - case in point:

image courtesy of Brooklyn Vegan & Invisible Oranges.com
See? So I open another window and look Kauan up and find next to no additional information save for the original Invisible Oranges that the BV article references. Then what follows catches my eye and I'm both chilled and blown away. Perhaps it's all the Laird Barron I've been reading - his newest collection of short stories, The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All is seriously the best short Horror fiction I've ever read - but while this report borders on the areas of human darkness I usually cannot traffic this is actually making my creativity really come on line. Good thing - about to attempt to pick-up some footage that should help me finish the second video by my long-distance music project The Forest Children. And it's some dark stuff, so this is the raw material to fan those flames.



No comments: