Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Brand New - Jesus Christ



I think this was the first song by this band that really hit. I remember I had dismissed them and then - and this is back like seven years ago (!) - three of my friends from Ohio band Blue Karma were staying with us while they met with a new manager (I think that was the purpose of the trip) and one night while we stayed up late and drank and played one another music they threw this on. I was reluctant at first but I remember Jeremy saying, "Listen to this, this was made to be timeless," and I focused on the music and suddenly had an epiphany: Brand New is an awesome band and The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me is an unbelievably crafted album made as a mark against time and a chronicle of youth slowly drifting into the uncharted waters of adulthood.

image courtesy of wikipedia.org

No comments: