Saturday, May 18, 2013

People of the North (Oneida)



There are a ton of great band's I got into through my wife when I first met her. Helen Stellar, The Coral, 16 Horsepower, Add N to X, White light Motorcade to name a few. Oh, and Oneida, the shifting, guttural attack on order and sanity that gave us modern classics such as Enemy Hogs and A Place Called El Shaddai's. I've lost track of Oneida in recent years, so it was with great interest that I stumbled upon People of the North, an Oneida off-shoot band who are prepped to release new record Sub Contra on June 11th via Thrill Jockey.

People of the North are Kid Millions and Bobby Matador, and while I couldn't find any tracks from Sub Contra the above track is from 2010's Deep Tissue by the band. Nice. Also, here's an oldie but a goodie from Oneida:

Ballad Of Vaurice by Oneida on Grooveshark

No comments: