Tuesday, March 12, 2013

David Bowie - The Next Day

image courtesy of http://blog.kexp.org/
What does it say that two of the now most old school guys still making GREAT music released two of their finest records ever this year? First there was last month's marvelous Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' record Push the Light Away and now there's David Bowie's The Next Day. I'm planning on doing a joint review of both records on Joup in the next couple days but in the meantime suffice it to say that tonight I purchased The Next Day on iTunes specifically to receive their particular Deluxe Edition which includes three extra songs that apparently are not on the hard copy. This even though I look at that cover above and absolutely LUST after the Vinyl. Maybe at some point in the future I'll splurge, but for now I'm on my first pass through the album and it is fantastic.

No comments: