Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Bronx - New Video: Youth Wasted



I love The Bronx. Sometime in 2003 or 2004 I saw them open for the Dillinger Escape Plan at the Fireside Lounge in Chicago (oh how I miss the Fireside) and they just tore through an amazing set that had me buy their CD on the spot. Fast forward to 2006 and The Bronx II had just come out - and it was even better than the first record! Singer Matt Caughthran is one of the few frontmen who can maintain an intimidating intensity without sacrificing his wit of humor and I like that. This video irked me in the opening moments, as it appeared to be yet another 'band pretending to play' theme, but then all the bizarre male stripper shit kicked in and I had quite the laugh. I haven't had a chance to buy the band's new album, surprisingly titled The Bronx (with a frequently added "IV" to help it stand apart from their other three albums) but it's available in shops and on itunes and it's only a matter of time.

And now since I'm in a Bronx mood, here's some footage of them playing what may possibly be a basement in Barcelona. The sound quality isn't that great, but it's still pretty cool to see them perform in a space this small:






No comments: