Friday, February 1, 2013

Peter V. Brett's The Daylight War



Will be released on February 12!!! Nice. I've fallen behind a bit in my reading. It's funny how no longer working at a bookstore impedes my knowledge of what's going on with my favorite authors (not that I miss retail - I DO NOT). I knew the third book in Brett's quintet was coming out in 2013, I just wasn't sure when. Imagine my surprise to look it up and find it's in a little over a week! Soooo cool. You can pre-order a copy here, or you can go to your local bookstore and buy it (if you're in the Southern Los Angeles area I recommend The Book Frog).

I talk about how I met Mr. Brett here - he actually gave me a copy of the first book in this series, The Warded Man and I am forever grateful to him for it.


2 comments:

Peat said...

I remember that day well. Joshua and I were trying to visit every bookstore within 50 miles before heading to Worldcon in Australia. I think you had just installed new eBook stations in the store that nobody knew how to use yet. So glad you were willing to take a chance and try my book, despite your professed dislike of fantasy. The genre has grown!

Shawn C. Baker said...

I am also glad I took a chance on it - both The Warded Man and The Desert Spear are fantastic examples of elevating the genre - and they're DAMN good reads as well!