Sunday, December 16, 2007

talking just to hear myself talk...

... is what this comes down to on some level. But with caffeine flowly steadily through my blood now this will get me going.

I watched a Hungarian film entitled 'Kontrol' last night. Awesome visuals at times and awesome music, to the point that I would say its worth a watch, but the writing was fucking abominable. The story was centered around one guy really, but they gave him a supporting cast that was, I guess, supposed to come off quirky and edgy, like say in Trainspotting. IT DID NOT WORK. Ongoing scenes of the same befuddlements befalling these guys as they move through the trains and check people's tickets lasted WAY the fuck too long. They could have edited this down to a short film and it would have been perfect. In fact, if they had just not given the lead the job he had as a ticket counter and just had him as a homeless guy living in the subway system that would have been great. Oh, well, again, visuals, and the music are worth it on a night (definitely watch it at night) when you have a strong attention span.

Did I already write up the Holosonics company Audio Spotlight? Oh man, this is the exact thing I have been trying to figure out how to do. Imagine being able to aim certain sound frequencies at people? Unfortuately the size is to the point that it cannot be interpreted (yet) into a nice handheld, pistol-type shape, but I'll take what I can get for now. 

 

No comments: